To our first time visitors
When you plan your trip to Bermuda, you can go online and read all about what you should and should not do, what tourist attractions are worth visiting, blah, blah, blah… But, when you live here…you find and visit places that are not on a map, nor on a travel blog. There are many things that we suggestion our families and/or friends do while in Bermuda. Here are a few things to think about…
First…follow the Tourist Whisperer on Facebook!
What to bring…
Most common question…from Family & Friends (this depends on time of year) but I will choose the most popular
- IMPORTANT: Don’t forget your passports!
- Bathing suits
- Water Shoes (if bringing the kids?)
- Sun Lotion. Not that generic crap, make sure is says Zinc Oxide on the package!
- Coffee/Tea (If you are staying at SpencerIsland we may or may not have the Coffee/Tea that you like…)
- DO NOT bring jeans. As a matter of fact, from July – Sept I don’t think I ever put a pair of pants on…but maybe something light…for a nice dinner out. (I typically wear a nice pair of shorts.)
- DO NOT bring work! It is against the law to bring work during vacation in Bermuda 🙂
- We have laundry, so don’t worry about packing 18 outfits, shorts, shirts..etc.
- hmmmmm…more to come
Things to do…
- Hang out at SpencerIsland @ Mangrove Bay
- Jump off de rocks at Admiralty House
- Have a silhouette photo taken in one of the caves at Admiralty
- Take a photo from the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse
- Swim in the Caves at Grotto Bay
- Tour Bermuda on a Scooter (I know, you think it is dangerous…but my first trip here…Becky and I explored the entire island in one day…and that is something I will never forget!) Don’ t listen to Tommy!
Places to Eat…
- House of India
- TRK or Tribe Road Kitchen! Breakfast pastries or Lunch. Or…weekend Breakfast! | www.trk.bm
Places to Drink…
- The DOCK at Waterlot
- On a Boat!
Places to Shop…
1. Best Gift Shop, Riihiluoma’s Flying Colours at 5 Queen Street, City of Hamilton. For souvenirs or t-shirts…no need to go anywhere else!
Rent a Bike…