Last night I believe we had the best Carne Asada… I thought I would be kind enough to post the recipe!
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped canned chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 pounds flank steak
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
4. Remove the steak from the marinade and grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Discard used marinade. Remove meat from heat and slice across the grain.
5. Pour the one cup of reserved, unused marinade over the hot meat and serve immediately.