Since both Tropical Storm Fay (sorry….Becky and I are still calling it Hurricane Fay) and Hurricane Gonzalo, we have had a TON of Avocados, both on our property (and neighbor’s property) but bags being offered to us. Here are some ideas of what to do with them.
Still not sure about eating a “Frozen” Avocado…but we need to do something with these tings…
1. Make vegan mayonnaise.
It’s like when two very attractive people (mayo and guac, in this case) get together and have a child that’s even better looking than either of them. Recipe here.
3. Or, just put it on an actual pizza.
Everything tastes better in pizza form. Recipe here.
4. Make a super-simple, healthy pudding.
You just need four ingredients, 2 minutes, and a blender! Recipe here.
6. Freeze it into popsicles.
If you ever find yourself with a surplus of avocados (unlikely, but still), these will last weeks in the freezer. Recipe here.
8. Bake an egg into it.
Protein + Fat + Deliciousness = Staying Power and Happiness. Recipe here.
10. … then, stuff it!
In terms of what to put inside, nothing is off limits. Recipe here.
11. Use it to make low-carb, dairy-free mint chocolate chip ice cream.
No green food coloring necessary. Recipe here.
12. Spike it with tequila.
It sounds weird until you remember that everything is better with tequila. Recipe here.
13. Use it to make a crazy delicious guacamole/hummus hybrid.
The cronut ain’t got nothin’ on HUacamole. Recipe here.
14. Repurpose the flesh and the ground-up pit to make a heavy-duty foot scrub.
15. Blend it into pesto.
Combine half an avocado with half a cup of pesto for a creamy, super flavorful sauce. Recipe here.
16. Make it your base ingredient for cold soup.
Crab and avocado salads are pretty de rigueur, so why not try cold avocado and crab soup? Recipe here.
17. Use it as a dairy substitute in creamy salad dressings.
Dairy-free caesar? Check. Recipe here.
19. Turn it into paleo, vegan frosting.
Everybody’s happy. Recipe here.
(Try spreading the frosting on these gluten-free, grain-free avocado brownies!)
20. Mix it with sour cream to create a whole new condiment.
Perfect pairings include (but are not limited to): potato skins, quesadillas, chips, and crudités. Recipe here.
21. Turn it into a deep-conditioning hair mask.
More instructions here.
22. Turn it into cheese-less “cheesecake.”
The above recipe is completely raw, completely vegan, and completely delicious. Recipe here.
23. Pair it with green tea for thick, smoothie-like bubble tea.
The silky texture of the avocado blends really well with the chewy tapioca pearls. Recipe here.
24. Mix it into mashed potatoes.
No butter necessary. Recipe here.
26. Eat it for breakfast, in pancake form.
With chocolate, obviously. Recipe here.
27. Deep-fry it.
And then put it in a taco. Because there’s really no way to beat a DEEP-FRIED AVOCADO TACO. Recipe here.